Thursday, April 18, 2013

Canvas Layout






Hi everyone! Wanted to share with you a project I did centered on my mother. My mother was such a beautiful woman inside and outside. She would always try to help people out if she could. My mothers passing anniversary was March and In order to help myself get through it I decided to do some scrapping therapy! It was a wonderful way for me to honour my mother as well as help myself. I used different product on this layout. I started off by painting a 11x14 canvas in pink. While that dried I distressed a doily and some card stock I found at Michael's that had a doily border. I cut pieces of this border and distressed. I took the September paper from A moment in time from Graphic 45 and there paper from the Lady's diary collection. I fussy cut a Lady and cut our tags from the collection. I used the remember journal spot from that collection and distressed those as well with Tim Holtz distress pads. I used Victorian velvet and tea die thru out my project. I bought a box of wooden fans from Michaels and painted one of them with Tim Holtz new product Distress paint. Love this stuff! I took some lace from my stash and distressed that with Adirondack color wash by Ranger, While everything was drying I used the die cut Tattered Floral from you guessed it Tim Holtz. I used Distress paint and grunge board, tissue paper, burlap, acetate and Prima bird button for the center of my flower. I believe it is from there Lyric collection. Beautiful buttons. I also used some of the Prima Flowers and Recollection crochet flower.  I painted  a wooden flower from Prima wooden embellishments and stickled with some stickles from Ranger.I also used some flowers from the sew section of a local dept. store. After all the prepping was done I arranged my layout to see how I would like for it to look and once satisfied I adhered everything with  3 in 1, foam adhesive and hot glue. The lace going around the canvas is from Stamp Cache in Palmer, Alaska. The pink feather is from Michael's. I had lots of fun making this project. Hope you like it. Please fill free to leave me a comment. As always any tips or suggestions are always welcome!


I
Memories


No comments: